ATP Alpha Prime
Alpha Prime has been formulated to improve your androgen to estrogen ratio. Increasing the androgen: estrogen ratio enhances fat loss whilst increasing lean muscle mass.
The effects of aging on testosterone
In both men and women, testosterone levels peak between 25 to 30 years of age – and thereafter drop approximately 1-2% annually. At the age of 60, testosterone levels are typically only 40-50% of youthful levels and may be lower due to stress and related lifestyle issues such as diet, exercise, and sleep patterns.
The following graph is a representation of the level of testosterone as they decline for a man and woman. This decline may be ‘normal’, but not healthy. Sometimes as we age, out fat mass increases, creating an unhealthy higher level of estrogen and a rather depressing lower level of testosterone.
Signs and symptoms of excess estrogen
Excessive oestrogen can occur in men and women. The following is a checklist to determine if you may have excessive oestrogen levels. If you feel you may have higher than normal oestrogen levels, see your health care practitioner.
estrogen body shape
As oestrogen is fat soluble, it is stored in the subcutaneous fat in the following areas:
- breasts and chest
- backs of the arms
- love handles
- lower back
- lower abdomen
- poor muscle mass and quality
- poor muscle definition
- excessive subcutaneous and intramuscular fat
The Symptoms of excessive estrogen include:
- Increased worry, intuition and gut instincts
- Exaggerated stress response and harder to switch off so can dwell on things
- Good long term memory with poor short term memory
- Running on autopilot
- Can crave sugar and chocolate
- Mood swings are aggravated and follow pattern with menstrual cycle or moon phase changes
- Excessive headaches and migraines
- Poor circulation, sometimes bruising and varicose veins
- Bloated and “fluidy” abdomen, hips and thighs.
- Fluid retention
- Breast lumps and bumps
- Abnormal results on pap smears and mammograms.
- Blood clots, DVTs, bruising and cramps
- Poor blood sugar control – high or low blood sugar
- Cellulite and obesity
- Emotional, nervous and sleep disturbances
- Endometriosis or endomysositis
- Period pain
- PMT with excessive emotional and mood fluctuations
- Heavy periods
- UTI, Thrush
Your Oestrogen Detox Strategy
- Avoid exposure to exogenous oestrogen (‘The Pill’ etc.) and isolate and address your cause (e.g. obesity or hypothyroid function). Fat cells produce oestrogen so losing fat may be your first option. See ATP Science AMP-V product.
- Block the pathways that make the unhealthy 4α-hydroxy and 16α-hydroxy forms; while up regulating the pathway that makes the beneficial 2α-hydroxy form
- Stimulate phase 2 conjugation reactions to deactivate and eliminate excessive estrogens
Alpha Prime contains the following natural ingredients that are specifically formulated to reduce oestrogen levels:
Brassica oleracea (Broccoli) Sprout
- Modifies Phase 1 CYP450 enzymes to increases the good 2α-hydroxyestrone production and reduces the bad 16α-hydroxyestrone
- Increases phase 2 conjugation of estrogen through glucuronidation, glutathionation, methylation and sulfation.
- Quenches reactive quinones formed by the potentially dangerous 4α-hydroxyestrone pathway
- Broccoli sprouts contain a multitude of beneficial phytonutrients, activated vitamins and cofactors.
- Nrf2 activator (antioxidant)
Rosmarinus officinalis (Rosemary) extract
- Works synergistically with sulforaphane to balance phase 1 and stimulate phase 2 detoxification pathways.
- Modifies Phase 1 detoxification pathways to switch off the 16α-hydroxyestrone pathway and up-regulate the 2α-hydroxyestrone pathway
- Enhances phase 2 conjugation reactions glutathionation and glucuronidation.
- An Nrf2 activator (a potent antioxidant inducer)
Fucus vesiculosus (Bladderwrack) extract
- Exerts anti-estrogenic effects
- Acts as an aromatase inhibitor
- Inhibits the binding of estradiol to estrogen receptors
- A reliable source of iodine
Eurycoma longifolia (Tongkat Ali) Root Extract
It is best to avoid excessive estrogens in the body in the first place. Most excessive estrogens come from carrying too much body fat. Thus, the obvious strategy to reduce estrogens is to work with your coach, trainer and/ or healthcare provider to remove excess body fat. Other sources include the environmental exposure to plastics, pollutants and chemicals in medications and cosmetics. If these factors are a part of your life and you have some of the oestrogen dominant symptoms, then consider supplementing with Alpha Prime.